Re: [K12OSN] XPde and K12LTSP

sounds good, do you mind if I take your e-mail address down so we can confer over this, would you be willing to help out on this development project?

Mike

From: "Don Logsdon" <donlogs cablespeed com>
To: <k12osn redhat com>
Subject: Re: [K12OSN] XPde and K12LTSP
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 15:05:40 -0800

Ok,

I have been using Delphi off and on for 4 or 5 years.
I have been playing around with Linux for about 6 months.

 here is my experience with this stuff....
I started with the K12LTSP distro...
I created a testbed 3 client diskless network - it worked.

Since Borland doesn't support Red Hat distros -
I loaded Mandrake on my test box.
Then I installed the LTSP and after a little fiddling it works.
Then I installed Kylix - I have the professional version -
for desktop developers.   It works....

I installed it with kylix -  as the group name, so I can add users
to the kylix group and they can have acess to it.  I took my test
network down, so I don't know if the diskless workstations can
run it, but I can't see any reason why they could not.

I have not tried to do XPde install because from what I can read
it is not really ready..

If I followed their download instructions I am not sure what would
happen to either the Kylix Open Edition they want me to download
or to my Kylix Professional Edition that I have installed.

Maybe over the midwinter break....?

don