RE: [K12OSN] Winbind and K12LTSP

I've got Winbind working with K12LTSP ... To get a 'NT' feel, I'm
running ICEWM - the locked down version is very similar to a fully
restricted NT box.
Took a while to get winbind running, but make sure you've got the latest
version of samba, do a basic install --with-pam and you'll be sorted ...
The trickiest bit was configuring the right pam modules correctly!

Follow the winbind howto to the letter, make extensive use of the debug
version of winbindd; tail -f /var/log/messages and use wbinfo.  By
running these 3 utils concurrently its pretty easy to troubleshoot
problems and find out if they’re related to your SMB master browser (NT
PDC), your linux installation, PAM, or spurious information!

Good luck ;-)

Ash