Re: [K12OSN] RedHat 8.0 and SMP Freeze...multiple systems verified.

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002, Barry Smoke wrote:

> I just want to ask the group if anyone has experienced their machine
> hard freezing with redhat 8.0, and an SMP kernel.

I have a server running with 2 cpu, with my own kernels. This machine
frooze hard just like you described on two occasions giving me no clues as
to the reason. This was on a Monday and a Wednesday, I spent the whole
week looking through the log-files, and checking my hardware, with no
results. Then on Friday, while the lights in the serverrom was dim, I
touched the server, saw a spark, static electricity, and the server
frooze. That was the reason! On the two previous occasions I also touched
the server, I just didn't see the conection.

Maybe you also have a problem with the electricity?

Klaus

GnuPG v1.0.6 Fingerprint=67E6 1D18 B2C4 4F8A 3DA3 5C6D 849F 9F5F 26FA 477D