Re: [K12OSN] How to make K12LTSP accessible via Internet

Stephen Liu wrote:

Hi all folks,

What other packages shall be added to K12LTSP to make it accessible via Internet to login for file sharing

No packages need to be added. Simply open your firewall to the internet.

The problem is, the file sharing software for Linux is not secure enough to do this.

You will be very vulnerable if you do this, and I would not recommend it.

You will be able to use ssh (secure shell) to tunnel in and perhaps do the job securely that way, but you will need an experienced Linux Security Consultant to do this, and this is not something that I can describe over email to you.

regards, Steve