Re: [K12OSN] Backup

On Tue, 2002-12-03 at 15:22, haynest mchsi com wrote:
> I use mondo/mindi for a disaster or baseline image. Then I achedule backups of
> var, home, and etc via fsdump in webmin.
>
> One of my servers moved to a new machine built by the computer club. I reimaged
> with the mondoarchive baseline cd that I created when the machine was
> originally built, and then went to webmin and restored var, home, and etc. It
> has worked quite well, and the FrontPage server permissions moved over.
>
> This is an intranet server based on ClarkConnect (starts life as RH 7.2) for
> student projects and online quizzing, etc. The needs of a K12OS server might be
> different, but I am not the man to really tell you how.
>
> Check out http://www.microwerks.net/~hugo/ This is a great project.
> > Thanks to K12 i have a server and 5 workstations working perfectly. Has you
> > developed  a procedure for backups so in case of a mayor problem i can restore
> > this instalation to where it is now?
> >
> > Gabriel Lopez

I have mondo/mindi working on an Rh7.3 Samba server to pass the home and
etc dirs to another computer for backup via NFS.  Seems to all work very
well, except I'm still trying to work out why I can't get it to work in
a script overnight automatically, but can if I start that same script
myself.  I'm relatively sure that its unrelated though.  Suggestions are
welcome...  Anyway, mondo is great if it fulfils your needs.

_JR