Re: [K12OSN] recommnedation for remote email retrieval

We use fetchmail to pull email off some accounts on an isp. It works well for us.

We do not use chron, when we want to see if anything is there, we run fetchmail from a shell. The email comes over and is sent to whatever email account we configured as receiving the email.

Using 'fetchmailconf' makes setting the .rc up pretty easy

# Configuration created Wed Dec  4 11:32:58 2002 by fetchmailconf
set postmaster "localpostmaster"
set bouncemail
set properties ""
poll her.isp.com protocol pop3
      user 'her account there her isp com' there with password '12345' is the.sups.email here options fetchall

Change to fit your actual info, you can add bells and whistles.

Gary

Michael Cortes wrote:
I am with a school district and may have a unique situation here. Our superintendent has a dialup account with a local ISP. She would like it if I can get our server to pop her account and deposit that email in her account on our server. Is that possible?

I checked out the fetchmail, where my thoughts ran first. That seems to be more of a server wide situation and I am not sure it applies to this situation.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thank you,

Michael Cortes
Fort LeBoeuf School District