Re: [K12OSN] RedHat 8.0 and SMP Freeze...multiple systems verified.

> we also have gigabit ethernet cards in ours, but booting to single cpu
> fixes the problem...
> so I doubt it is the cards, or their drivers.

Not necessarily.  It could very well be that their drivers do not work
well in an SMP environment.  There are a lot of subtle bugs that don't
show up in UP systems that are very obvious in SMP systems.  I imagine
most kernel developers only have UP systems to work with.

Jon