Re: [K12OSN] more K12LTSP 3.0 testing

Gladly,

We are setting up a web site to make our 'stuff' available. Parts will be $. Most will be open source, our stuff and all the good stuff others have made available.

Web-apps is a big area. It include web servers, j2ee/.net type stuff etc. It also includes making apps work with the web. Teaching someone how to program a pacman like game for the web is well within what a kid can do.

-----
We are days away from participating in our local FLL competition and I'm busy teaching the team about staying focused on realistic goals and the benefit of test, test, test. :-) I will post more about what we are doing and the tools etc. we use when we get back.

Gary

FLL - First Lego League
 http://www.firstlegoleague.org/

The competition we will be in Saturday at Hogg Middle School in Houston, TX.
 http://www.jsoft.com/archive/robotics/events.html

Steve Wright wrote:
Gary Frederick wrote:

What customizations are you doing?

I'm not doing any customization, I sometimes want to get a newer version than I can find with a rpm and sometimes I want a debug build. We are teaching web apps and like to stay up with the latest Mozilla. You get more debug info and some more tools if you build yourself. I wanted to build, but in the same place RedHat puts their stuff.

We have played with versions of Mozilla that have svg. That requires a custom build.

Congrats, web-apps is fairly 'out there' subject. 8-)

At your leisure, would you tell us about what scripting languages, documentation, and teacher resources you are using ?

That would be most useful and interesting.

kind regards, Steve