Re: [K12OSN] Modem autodial when web browser is launched.

I would tend to agree. My grandparents use a P166 with Win95 and don't have any problem with clicking on an icon on the desktop to connect and clicking on the icon in the tray to disconnect. It's just a sequential process that can be easily written down if necessary.

Just my experience,
Paul Vittorino

From: Jonathan Bartlett <johnnyb eskimo com>
Honestly I've found the autodialing features of IE to be more confusing to
new users than helpful, but it might help someone.

The nice thing about dialing in order to get a connection is that
  a) it's a simple concept

  b) it helps them frame other concepts about networking, namely that
     you have to have a "connection" to get somewhere.  A lot of people
     get lost in the "magical" computer and don't realize some basic
     truths, simply because someone tried to make it "easy" for them.
     Instead, it just leaves them confused permanently.

Jon