Re: [K12OSN] Safety of Allowing Access from Internet

Steve Wright wrote:

Todd O'Bryan wrote:

Forgive the stupid question, but how dangerous is it to have a k12ltsp server visible from the internet? (A recent thread has made me wonder...)

not at all unsafe. *provided* that machine is 100% up to date with the latest packages.

I did not mention ipchains at all - but it goes without saying, ipchains must be secured, scanned, and tested.

/steve