Fw: RE: [K12OSN] HELP!!!

I too am interested in a utility to do Ghost-like copies of partitions.
Searching the Norton web site for "linux" and "ghost" produces a page with this quote:

"Whether Ghost can clone a drive or a partition from a Linux computer depends on the version of Ghost, the version of Linux, and the type of file system. In general, Ghost versions prior to 6.0 can do only sector-by-sector copies of entire drives. Ghost versions 6.0 and later are compatible with many versions of Linux and can clone both drives and individual partitions."

followed by 2 nice charts of what versions of Ghost work with Linux partitions.

There is a freeware ghost-like program that claims to copy linux partitions.  See
http://perso.club-internet.fr/guiboure/en/index_frame.html
but read the docs thoroughly; i think it does partition-to-partition ext2 copies but partition-to-file must be done to a FAT partition.   (please correct me if I'm wrong). Reiser is not supported.

- J Black
It's an old, OLD version.  Works!