Re: [K12OSN] Software RAID

RAID 0 is striped
RAID 1 is mirrored
RAID 5 is striped with parity (requires as least 3 HDD: one of them dies
your server keeps running until you can replace the bad HDD.  Then the
parity on the other two drives rebuilds the array.  Two or more die and
your toast--unless you've been keeping up with your Mondo backups ;-)

I use Linux software RAID.  No problems...

James Jensen
"The only measure of what you
believe is what you do..."