Re: [K12OSN] connection is up, but attempts to access the internetall fail

anthony baldwin wrote:

Since my first request for assistance, I recalled that in the 7.2 based k12 the roaring penguins pppoe software was required, so I downloaded it and moved it over to the other machine (floppy) and installed it. Then I ran adsl-setup again.

Clearly, that did not work. 8-)

There are *always*[1] countless people on the 'Net who have your type of modem, your distro, your kernel, etc, who have tried, failed, and then succeeded, as is the way with Linux. Hunt these situations out with google, and you will be on track very quickly. If you are very fortunate, you may even find a HOWTO, for your DSL Modem, and your distro..

good luck, and good googling. sorry I don't know jack about it.. 8-/

regards,
Steve

[1] unless you are /really/ pushing the envelope..