[K12OSN] blocking browsers + squidguard

Hi All,

I just read something interesting ;

//iptables in the 2.4.x kernels have the ablility to account (and
block/rate limit) IP traffic by uid and by gid.//

I know we have had difficulty blocking port 80 to tne 'Net when squidguard runs on the Terminal Server. It seems that by using iptables instead of ipchains, we could block users' browsers but allow squidguard to the 'Net.

This would solve the problem of requiring a seperate box for squidguard.. if anyone wants to take up the challenge.

I tested iptables, but had kernel failures when the firewall was scanned heavily.

FYI,

Steve