Re: [K12OSN] Boot terminals from HD?

On Mon, 9 Dec 2002, Steve Wright wrote:

>Eric Harrison wrote:
>
>>There are a number of ways to do it. Maybe the easiest would be to go
>>to http://www.rom-o-matic.org and in the "3. Choose ROM output format:"
>>section select "DOS Executable ROM Image (.com)". You could then use
>>the DOS/Windows bootloader (details left as an excersize for the reader
>>since I don't remember ;-) to select between LTSP & Windows.
>>

>and execute this under windows ?
>
>Sorry about asking the obvious, but does this shutdown windows cleanly ?

Windows has the ability to let you define different boot images. In Win9x,
for example, you could have one option that calls linuxbootimg.com rather
than command.com. WinNT/2k/xp can do something similar.

It is also possible to make a batch file that shuts windows down cleanly
and then executes linuxbootimg.com.

I've setup both in the past. My memory has faded on the details and I have
no urge to relearn it ;-)

Hopefully that will be enough of a hint for the orignal poster and/or
someone else will post a howto.

-Eric