Re: [K12OSN] Frustration

Bert & I are destined to use old client machines! ;-)

I have some ancient Prolinea 486 boxes.  They have one PCI slot.  I throw
in a $10 Reltek-based 10/100 PCI NIC in that slot and they fly.  Of course
you have create a custom boot floppy from rom-o-matic with that
"NO_DELAYED_INT" or "CONFIG_PCI_DIRECT" (I can't recall which at the
moment) and away they go...

I have mounds of 10Mbit 3com cards that I'm going to rid myself of, maybe
I'll try one of those in the Prolinea and see what happens.  But for $10,
100Mbit (full-duplex) is *much* nicer.  Makes that 486 a real machine again
with LTSP.

James Jensen
The only measure of what you
believe is what you do..."