Re: [K12OSN] blocking browsers + squidguard

James Jensen wrote:

--- Steve Wright <paua quicksilver net nz> wrote:

Hi All,

I just read something interesting ;

//iptables in the 2.4.x kernels have the ablility to account (and
block/rate limit) IP traffic by uid and by gid.//

[snip]

Gotta link for us or example config for this.  Limiting rate by account
would be a *very* cool feature in several cases I can think of...

8-/ no... I think the option in the kernel config is CONFIG_IP_NF_MATCH_OWNER. It could be enabled by rebuilding the kernel, and setting that option to YES/ON or whatever it is.

Then it's a matter of setting iptables to do the deed.

I have a contact for this (not on the K12LTSP list), so I'll grill him a bit on it, and report back..

/steve