Re: [K12OSN] Accessing LTSP server from Linux

Dan Young wrote:
Alan A Hodson said:

What I thought was going to be an easy find has stumped me: on a given
network (shared switch), how do you log into an up-and-running K12LTSP
server from a box running Linux (RH8)? - I've tried several -querys to
no avail... I have a lab with a few Thin Clients properly working and I
am considering partitioning some windoze machines with Linux for the
purpose of allow them to log into the LTSP environment when needed...

I'm surprised "X -query <IP of term server>" doesn't work.

Just tried an "X -query 192.168.0.254" from my laptop running Gentoo and got a GDM login screen. This may be a stupid question: are you sure your RH8 box is on the eth0 (192.168.0.0) interface side of the LTS?

-Dan Young
-Parkrose School District