[K12OSN] Authenticate to Windows 2000

I know.  One of the main reasons for K12LTSP is to get rid of M$ in
schools, but I simply can't do that right now.  So here is my dilemma.

I want to install K12LTSP lab in our district but we are using Microsoft
Active Directory for user authentication.  I need to be able to have
users at the workstations in the lab log it using their usernames and
passwords on our main Windows 2000 Server running Active Directory.  I
have done some reading and it should be possible.  My early tests have
been unsuccessful.  Is there anyone out there who can steer me to a
How-To that will show me - step by step - how to make this happen.

The goal is for a student to log in to the K12LTSP workstation with
his/her username and password (from the Windows network).  The student
will be "authenticated" and connected to his/her home directory (on a
Windows 2000 server - at least for now).

Is anyone doing this?

Also, is anyone doing something similar with Novell.  There is a school
near here that needs to do the same thing with their Novell server.

Thank you.

Jim Hays, Technology Director
Monticello CUSD#25
#2 Sage Drive