Re: [K12OSN] Boot terminals from HD?

I hope your school has budgeted for an increase in the cost of managing those
205 Windows boxes, because it WILL cost more than the same number of X
terminals.    See the message from Steve Wright about the update on the City
of Largo, FL which has a large LTSP implementation.  The thing to note is
that their IT budget is 1.3% of the total city budget, whereas most cities
spend 3% to 4%.  I don't think  the numbers in a school or a business would
be different.  Ironically, I believe it was someone from MS who tried to
compare Linux with getting a free puppy: yes it's free, but then you have to
take care of it.  In this case, taking care of the free Windows boxes will be
more work than caring for terminals.  But I'll wager your school
administration didn't take that into consideration.

Petre