Re: [K12OSN] Single User Login

There's an option in /etc/security/limits.conf to limit the number of logins per user.
Simply create a group of all your users (or perhaps * won't affect root?).
Then in the limits.conf file add:
@group      hard      maxlogins     1

Unfortunately, it seems that while a value of 0 denies any login, a value of 1 permits 2
simultaneous logins.  At least last time I experimented with it, it worked like that :)

Donald

I would like to allow a user to have only a single connection to the
system at any given time.  That is, once a user has logged in, the
user's cannot be logged in simultaneously to the system.  Better yet,
make this true for all users except root.

Thanks.

Larry Mateo
Network Technician II
Fairfield-Suisun Unified School District
larrym fsusd k12 ca us