Re: [K12OSN] A little progress...

Hi Dave,

Are you using a Rom-O-Matic boot rom image?

If so you may have to create a custom image for that NIC.

Early PCI machines didn't implement PCI very well, so you have to make a
coule of changes in the boot rom image. Once you do that everything
should work.

I can't remember exactly what the options were, but a Google search of
the K12LTSP / OSN archives should get this info.

One other gotcha in dhcp.conf, if you aren't aware of it.

I had to add
option-128 = <variable type> (I can't remember exactly what type)
option-129 =     "      "       "       "      "       "

as variable type declarations at the top of the dhcp.conf file.

Then you put the actual info
option-128 = <the magic number>
option-129 = <NIC type>

in the custom workstation section of dhcp.conf

That cleared up one of the issues I had with ISA nics not detecting
correctly.

>From memory you can do this from webmin.

Cheers,
Bert