Re: [K12OSN] Boot terminals from HD?

Hi John,

On Tue, 2002-12-10 at 23:18, John Baillie wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-12-11 at 05:02, Bert Rolston wrote:
> ------------------->SNIP
>
> No SMS. I have been using Ghost. We have a "lite" version that we
> purchased 3 years ago  at one point I could multi-cast the image. I
> added a patch 2 years ago and bang no more multi-cast.

Sounds like you had the pre Norton's version of GHOST, which originally
came out of NZ. The guy made a few dollars when he sold it to Symantec,
who removed the multicast component and created two versions.

> Norton's answer:
>
> "Oh you need to purchase the enterprise version"
>
> I didn't need it when I first purchased it! Don't get me started on that
> issue.
> >
> > How much MS system specific training do you have?
>
> Self trained MCSE -- MSSQL Server 6.5, NT 4.0, Win9.x
> Acquired before the plethora of Brian dumps, Exam Crams etc.

Sounds like me.

Did you ever get the bits of paper, or is it all grease on your hands
(real world) stuff?

Look's like an ideal opportunity to use PXE / Bootp and DD an image to
the local hard drive.

> You describe my week to a tee!

That used to be my week. Now they pay someone else the ridiculous sum of
$13.48/hr and call me in to fix majors at about 4x that amount.

I became self-employed about 6 weeks ago.

> More later, off to the LUG Christmas party.
>
> John

Cheers,
Bert