[K12OSN] CodeWeavers Release Server Version Of CrossOver

Slashdot is running another story on CodeWeavers Server Version Of CrossOver
[http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/12/11/1351239&mode=nested&tid=125]

Thus far the most interesting comment raises a very interesting possibility.

[quote]
I think you missed the point. Because the Office licenses are per-machine,
rather than per-user (as far as I know), 1 license of Office can be used to
serve hundreds of clients with a fast enough machine. It's a pretty big loophole
in their licensing, but due to the lack of multi-desktop remoting in Windows I
guess they never thought any body would figure out how to exploit it.
[/quote]

My reading of my MSO2k / MSO97 licenses seems to support this position.  What do
others think about this?

Steven Santos

Email : Steven StevenSantos com
Web   : www.stevensantos.com