[K12OSN] Re: a little progress

>From: Bert Rolston <bert rolston clear net nz>
>Hi Dave,
>Are you using a Rom-O-Matic boot rom image?
>If so you may have to create a custom image for that NIC.
>Early PCI machines didn't implement PCI very well, so you have to
make a
>coule of changes in the boot rom image. Once you do that everything
>should work.
>I can't remember exactly what the options were, but a Google search
of
>the K12LTSP / OSN archives should get this info.
Yes, I got the image from rom-o-matic. It boots and loads for about a
minute and a half until the "Kernel Panic" error comes up. I couldn't
see any of the rom-o-matic options that would allow me to put on the
client's boot floppy the parameter that the NIC is a 3c515. It seems
from the documentation that putting that in the dhcp.conf on the
server should be sufficient, but for some reason it's not.
>I had to add
>option-128 = <variable type> (I can't remember exactly what type)
>option-129 =     "      "       "       "      "       "
>as variable type declarations at the top of the dhcp.conf file.
They're already there.
>Then you put the actual info >option-128 = <the magic number>
That's already there too.
>option-129 = <NIC type>
That's "NIC=3c515". This seems to be where it hangs up.