Re: [K12OSN] OpenOffice Defaults?

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002 06:58:07 +1300, you wrote:

> John Baillie wrote:
>
> >When we roll out Ver. 3.0 we would like to have OO default to inches
> >rather than metric, the page size to be letter rather than A4 and the
> >left and right margins to be .50 inches.
> >

> would it be better to have OO get its' defaults from its' environment ?

This is the ony acceptable solution.

K12ltsp is also being used outside the US!

> It's a pain going through the whole system setting everything to metric
> when I told it already during the install..

Just my words.
Over time, I've ditched multible programs because of that.
Any dicent application should look on the system-settings a default,
whatever they are, it should use as default

--
Venlig hilsen / Best regards
	Henning

 _H_P_C_o_n_s_u_l_t_    http://www.hpc.dk