Re: [K12OSN] OpenOffice Defaults?

> I have not looked at how to change from metric, but I did post a script
> a couple weeks back that would change the paper size default to Letter.
>
> I'm not quite sure where I put it, so dig through the list archives to
> find it...
>
> I will include this script in the final v3.0. How it works is it looks
> at the locale settings to decide if it should change the default paper
> size or not. If the same trick works for meters/inches, I'll add that
> as well. By basing it off the locale, it won't cause problems for non-
> en_US folks.
>
> -Eric

OpenOffice is particularly bad wrt units.  It not only defaults to the
metric system, but you have to change it in a number of places (it's not
simply a global "unit of measure" option) and there are still a number
of dialogs and spinbuttons in other areas that can't be changed at all.
All things considered, units under OOo are a usability nightmare.

--
Shahms E. King <shahms shahms com>