[K12OSN] Change screen resolutions for clients

Ok I will say that I am pretty new to Linux, but I'm trying to learn. I have a little bit of a problem. I've set up a test server on a 1.2ghz athlon 256mb ram with about 3 clients (compaqs, pentiums, 32mb ram). I have them all booting from the server and logining in and using openoffice,mozilla,etc but they are only running at about 640x480 resolution. How can i change this to maybe 800x600? I am fairly sure they will run at this res because they do in windows. Any help would be greatly appricated.

Jared