[K12OSN] (no subject)

Hey,
I don't know if I told you guys or not, and I don't
think I did.
I have found that Inspiration (a great program for graphically represent
data and organizing thoughts, creating webs and outlines, etc.) works
great with Wine.  I have contacted the winehq folks and they have added
Inspiration to their database of apps.
Inspiration creates documents like kivio or visio, with other great featuers for
both teachers and kids, and will convert the graphical documents to a linear,
text-based outline format at the click of a button.
I have been generally shying away from proprietary software, and would love to
see an OSS product that does the same, but in the meantime, it is good to know
that this runs with Wine, as it is used in many classrooms.
I have used OpOf.o and Kivio to create graphical organizers for my classroom, of course, but inspiration is a great hands-on organizer for the kids to use.

Tony

http://www.School-Library.net
Read, Connect, Learn!

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you yourchoice com w/No Ads, 6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag