Re: [K12OSN] RH8 man pages

On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 06:33:09AM -0500, Mark Orenstein wrote:
> I just built a RH8 server for samba and, while all is working, I noticed
> that the man pages don't display properly in a non graphics session.
> Special characters such as the minus sign don't display properly.  Has
> anyone else encountered this?
>
> Mark Orenstein
> East Granby, CT School System

Hi Mark, man pages in RH8 are slightly borken for US installations.
Stolen from a recent post in the redhat mailing list:
> Change the line in /etc/sysconfig/i18n:
>
> LANG="en_US.UTF-8"

> LANG="C"
>

> Who knows why man doesn't recognize en_US.UTF-8 or why Red Hat
> packaged i18n one way inadvertently breaking man in the process.
>
> -Rick
> --
> Rick Johnson, RHCE - rjohnson medata com
> Linux/WAN Administrator - Medata, Inc.
> PGP Public Key: https://mail.medata.com/pgp/rjohnson.asc

Another perspective :  go international all the way:

--
Jeff Kinz, Emergent Research,  Hudson, MA.  "jkinz ultranet com"
"jkinz rcn com" copyright 2002.  Use is restricted. Any use is an

	//\       eLviintuaxbilse         /\\