Re: RE: [K12OSN] Turn One Windows XP Machine Into a Server and Have 21 Simultaneo

k12osn redhat com writes:
>I like the idea myself, but this is a licensing nightmare. In M$'s book,
>this is illegal and I would steer clear of any mass involvement in this
>deal.

Actually in my case....I already have CAL's (client access licenses) as I
have the M$ School Agreement for 300 machines.....at the moment I'm not
using any of the  CAL's since I have a Linux (E-Smith/SME) file server as
opposed to a Win2k or NT server.  So....the way I see it this should be
covered under the CAL's that I got with the desktop core package of the M$
School Agreement.  Granted....once I ditch M$ totally for Linux then I'll
be in a diff situation, but for now I think it might be a bonus???????

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask vcs u52 k12 me us