[K12OSN] runaway artsd

We're using the most recent non-beta K12LTSP distro on a Tyan S2460 with two AMD 1500 MP CPUs and 1 gig of RAM.

We've been encountering runawy artsd processes, which typically gobble up all available RAM (real and virtual).  This results in a) server reboots to regain control, or b) occasionally successful attempts to kill of the errant artsd process WHEN we can actually log into the system.

I believe I've cobbled together a makeshift fix (using ulimit), but I'd like to know if anyone else has had this problem. Anyone?  Anyone?  (Bueller?)

Calvin
--
Calvin Dodge
Certified Linux Bigot (tm)