[K12OSN] resource conflict when installing wireless pcmcia on hp omnibook xe3 gc

I received the following error when viewing device manager after having installed a wireless card in a HP notebook,  “The device cannot find any free <I/O> resources to use.  If you want to use this device, you must disable another device that is using the resource”.  The devices in question are Direct Memory Access Controller, Programmable Interrupt Controller, and System Timer.  Following generic suggestions from Microsoft, I removed all 4 devices (nic, 2 controllers and timer) and restarted my system.  The OS was supposed to reassign resources to each device as it found it, therefore solving the problem.  However, it loads the 2 controllers and system timer first, assigning the same values they previously had.  This causes the same problem to occur.  I have tried both a Belkin and SMC wireless card.  I was not able to find any updates regarding this problem from Microsoft, HP, Belkin or SMC.

Jim Schaeffer