Re: [K12OSN] re: ver 3 and several problems

On Sun, 15 Dec 2002, Mella wrote:

>Eric wrote:
>
>>>Fatal server Error: Could not open default font 'fixed'.
>> Run this command:
>> ldconfig -c /opt/ltsp/i386
>
>I don't know why, but this didn't help.
>
>But:
>ldconfig -r /opt/ltsp/i386
>
>was real solution :)

So what you are saying is that you want your bug fixes to be bug free? ;-)

>So - found 2 bugs for from latest 2002-12-02 beta of v3:
>
>1. After clean install none of non-US keyboards don't work from
>workstations before you do ldconfig.
>2. WS using old XFree (336) need USE_XFS = Y. Or you must fix script for
>XF86Config. There were some font path lines missing in XF86Config. I
>tested it with S3 video (using old XFree).

Both will be fixed in the next build. I had planned on having a new build
ready today, but I had two major disasters to deal with this weekend :-(
(as those of you who tried hitting my servers this weekend probably noticed)

I also need to fix my test mozilla packages (it puts mozilla in
/usr/lib/mozilla-1.2.1 rather than /usr/lib/mozilla), update galeon to
match mozilla, and a couple other new, small bugs I can't remember off
the top of my head.

-Eric