[K12OSN] home folders on Windows XP

I figure a short into is in need first --

I have been using Linux now for over 3 years as my personal desktop machine.  During this time I have worked for 3 schools, 2 Windows based and 1 Mac based.  When I first started using Linux, I learned about the K12LTSP and have been wanting to impement it, just looking for the right time and environment.

I have recently (finally) installed a K12LTS for a small lab in my classroom.  With a little help from the local LUG, I am using it as a demonstration of the power and benefit of Linux.  The IT director and myself also want to do some "beta" testing with students and teachers before impementing it on a full scale.

The problem I have run into is that all the student and teacher "My Documents" folders reside on a central WinXP server, and I need to mount them to the Linux /home/USERNAME/ folder.  This of course needs to be done at the time of login, using the student/teachers login name and password.  I want it to be as seamless as possible.

I'm sure this problem has been address, or documents somewhere -- I just can't seem to find it.  I have searched the archive, I have googled, and I have checked newsgroups, all to no avail.  A little help is needed.

I have a "stock" K12LTS install, with all updates and webadm(sp?).  I have edited the samba config only as far as to change the workgroup name.  I have tried mounting my own home folder manually (from a terminal window) to no avail.  The address for the "My Documents" is //nsupdc1/home$/<USERNAME>/ in the only workgroup on our network, nsup

I hope someone can point me in the right direction--
Gentgeen
Teacher

http://www.linuxmail.org/