[K12OSN] My Dream....

Ok here goes.... I figured since Santa Claus might be "lurking" on this
list that I'd try this out....

What I really want for X-mas

I'd like a K12LTSP that does the following...

Allows me the option to set it up for OpenMosix during the set up process
(read GUI)

Allows me to easily set up a server cluster using a GUI (I don't mind
command line, but I want idiot proof)

Allows me to easily set up a redundant array of servers so that if one
fails another will continue on.

An integrated user import feature for mass imports from a text file
similar to createusers

Synaptic....installed and a K12LTSP repository

Allows me to set up a master server to act as the PDC and becomes the
authentication point for my entire network....easy to set up with a nice
GUI

In addition to the one above...allows my users home directories to be
available cross platform whether it be from a Windows box or Mac OS X or
Linux terminals.

Allows me to create user web space during set up or when adding
users...similar to what I can already do with E-Smith/SME

A slick GUI that allows me to see who's logged on to my terminal server
and what they're running so I can kill them or the processes if need be
without trying to guess what the PID is or try to keep up with top.  (
there's something out there by Richard Melton I think, but I can't get it
to work)

An easy to use remote teaching/demo/supervision tool that works like
Altiris Vision or Apple Remote Desktop and allows me to demo to my users
or see what they're doing (with a good GUI)

bundled clip art for OpenOffice and the like...or an easy to deploy package

OK....that's all I can think of at the moment.  Now I know that some of
this can already be done...if so....let me know about it.  And....Santa?
You're my hero.....I still believe!  ;-)

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask vcs u52 k12 me us