[K12OSN] Video resolution on workstations

Ok well this is my second question for the list in the past 5 minutes so bear with me...

The best resolution I can get on my workstations is about 640x480 and seems like 16bit but may only be 8 bit. Also trying to run graphical games (tuxracer, tuxtype, tuxmath), they run but VERY slowly. Would upgrading to decent PCI vid cards in the workstations help this problem? Also if thats the case what are some good pci vid cards and where can I get about 10-15 of them?

Thanks again,
Jared