Re: [K12OSN] Openbrick Thin Clients

Op di 17-12-2002, om 22:39 schreef Steve Wright:
> Immanuel Derks wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I'm curious to hear if people on this list have tried openbrick
> >(www.openbrick.org) machine as thinclients or a LTSP project.
> >

> Nice little piece of gear..  but soooo expensive.

That's good to hear! :)

How is you putting a well performing LTSP client together that runs
K12LTSP Beta3/Gnome/OpenOffice/Mozila/VMware sessions for a lower price
tag? I've not been able to come up anything better up till now.

Yeah, sure, that old 486 laying around somewhere, would be fine, but...I
don't have them and when I start shopping...ohh boy what a prices!

I've looked into $249 ThinkNics, but that seems a hassle and bad
performance as far as I can tell.

Imma