[K12OSN] Re:thin client newbie

Hi Nicholas,

I bought one of these for US$104 because I thought they would be an ideal
thin client.  Geode x86 CPU, no fans, includes keyboard and mouse.

However, I'm about ready to give it away :-(

I too am a k12ltsp newbie and these thin clients to not work "out of the
box".

I'm trying to use rom-o-matic to create a boot rom image, but I have not
been able to determine the Ethernet chipset on the N2200 8683.  Also, once I
figure that out, I'm not sure how to get the thin client to use that boot
image.  I see two options
 1) boot from flash
 2) point the thin client to the boot image on the server

For #1, since I don't have a flash card slot on my main PC, it's kind of
hard to get a working flash card.

For #2, I haven't figured out the correct settings (if they exist) to point
to a rom image that is placed on the server.

Here's a HOWTO that may be helpful.
http://howtos.linuxbroker.com/howtoreader.shtml?file=NC-HOWTO.htm

Hope this helps.
Dale