Re: [K12OSN] Thoughts for my upgrade...

Todd O'Bryan wrote:
How much did those 6 servers for 140 machines cost?

5 @ $1150 - Dual P3-1Ghz w/ 1GB ram, 2x40GB IDE HD 1 @ $2150 - Dual P3-1Ghz w/ 2GB ram, 4x35GB UltraSCSI 10Krpm

I'm going to try to use the "terminals last longer, if we upgrade the servers we upgrade every computer argument" and hope
I can convince someone that's a better idea.

That's really what it comes down to - I'm upgrading 140 student workstations for $7900, or $56.43 per station.

--
Chris Hobbs       Silver Valley Unified School District
Head geek:              Technology Services Coordinator