Re: [K12OSN] Problem downloading 3.0 beta

> On Mon, 23 Dec 2002, Gary Frederick wrote:
>
> >I have been trying to get the 3.0 beta iso images for the last few days. The files start to come over and hours later the download stops with most but not all (eg 450MB or 550MB) of all the file downloaded. Then it does nothing.
> >
> >I tried clicking the files from here
> >  ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/devel/3.0/

It is more bandwidth friendly (and easier of the recipient's
nerves) to use the --continue option of wget:

from  man 5 wget

       --continue
           Continue getting a partially-downloaded file.  This is useful when
           you want to finish up a download started by a previous instance of
           Wget, or by another program.  For instance:

                   wget -c ftp://sunsite.doc.ic.ac.uk/ls-lR.Z

which only downloads (and appends to the existing partial
transfer) the tail from however much it already has.
Available in all posix compliant OS's and for the
Microsoft Windows products, too.

-- Russ Herrold