Re: [K12OSN] how to configure USB modem on terminal

Hi Steve,

<snip....>

> BTW, Gurus, is there a way I can detect if someone on the LAN also has a
> modem connected outwards ?

One possible solution is to set up a network intrusion system.

I found an article on this a little while ago. Unfortunately it's at my
former employer's.

The article walked me through setting up SNORT on a Linux box and
running it in stealth mode (no IP address).

Very interesting exercise. VERY interesting results!

I'll try to get the URL.

>From memory the info came from the Search Security mail list / website.

Cheers,
Bert