RE: [K12OSN] Firewall

www.netfilter.org has some excellent how-to's.
-----Original Message-----
From: John Pilmore [mailto:jpilmore sd273 k12 id us]
Sent: Monday, December 23, 2002 1:43 PM
To: k12osn redhat com
Subject: [K12OSN] Firewall

Can anybody help me with a firewalling question? After setting up a couple of K12LTSP servers in my district, I decided to see what else I could do and where else I can save money. 3 Linux Proxy servers and a mail server later, I tried to set up a firewall machine. Here's the problem, I install Redhat 8.0 on a PIII with 2 3COM NICS. I finish the installation, follow the IPTables Howto at the Redhat site. and it still does not work. I can ping bothe network cards from the private side othe the box and webmin in to either NIC. I think I have all the configurations for firewalling set up but think I might be missing something with routing from one card to the other.
Anybody have any ideas?