Re: [K12OSN] Firewall

Jáder Marasca wrote:

John

I suggest you choose a specialized firewall, just like Steve Wright said!

BUT I suggest you choose smoothwall (the source from where IPCop was taken!) from www.smoothwall.org <http://www.smoothwall.org>.

It´s a REAL firewall (and JUST THIS) with a wonderful web interface!

There are issues with smoothwall. Firstly, the non-GPL version is quite expensive, and support for it, to put it it mildly, will be very irritating.

I am told the GPL version of smoothwall is rather out of date, and is not supported, or to put it more succintly, is available, but you won't like it.

It is unfortunate that I cannot reveal more information about the negatives of smoothwall, but I would definately suggest you gave this one a miss. Perhaps others on the list will elaborate.

regards, Steve