[K12OSN] Java with RH 8.0 & Mozilla 1.2.1

THE FIX!

After a bit more Googling, I found a board that described the fix for the
problems I was having with the java plugin and Mozilla on RH 8.0.

It is necessary to remove the .mozilla directory from the users home directory
before running Mozilla following installation of the java plugin.  Saving
one's bookmarks and other settings would be a good idea first.  Do the same
for Galeon if you are using it.  When first invoked Mozilla and Galeon will
create new user directories.

My previous post about using the symlink now works.  Just be sure the link is
named "javaplugin.so" <no quotes> and points to libjavaplugin_oji.so in the
"/usr/java/j2re1.4.1_01/plugin/i386/ns600" directory <again, no quotes>.

Dan
Dr. Daniel Loomis
El Dorado, AR
dloomis cox-internet com