Re: [K12OSN] Re: [Ltsp-discuss] Query unsovled

On Tue, 24 Dec 2002 14:09:25 -0500, you wrote:

> Dinesh,
>    I do not know how you would enable the modems on the client to be used
> with LTSP. I would be infinitely easier to install the modem(s) in the
> server and have the clients access the Net that way.

One thing I'm missing in this discussion is the ability to access
_other_ thing as the net through a modem?? A modem can be used for
other things as internet access.

I have some some remote-control-equipment that I'd like to be able to
use under a ltsp-client.

Right now I have access to it from my personal workstation, but would
like to give some of my users the ability to move the controler to
their (ltsp-)ws and work with it, but there is the problem again -
haow do I get acces to the serial port on the client?

>   Remember that when using the workstations as thin clients everything
> (more or less) is happening on the server. While I am sure that it

I've been thinging of making a setup with the app as a local app, but
most of my ws are very small (Pentium 166 as the max) so I don't think
that's a good idea ;-)

--
Venlig hilsen / Best regards
	Henning