Re: [K12OSN] Wal-Mart's $199 System (Quickly) Reviewed

Looks good! (especially since I don't see a $199 machine listed on the
Wal-Mart site these days).  Faster, if not hotter--nice thing about the VIA
C3 chip is that it runs very cool.  I find Durons to run painfully hot ;-)

Looking forward to your review.  Just get ready to replace Lindows with
another distro of your choice.  I don't begrudge a company trying to make a
little money, but I don't agree with most of the tactics that Lindows is
using, FWIW (off-topic, but ya have to rant once in a while, no?)...

Redhat 8.0 or a Knoppix transfer to the HDD looks good to me.

Anyway, thanks for the link.  I'm glad there's still a decent box out there
for ~$200.

James Jensen

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?sku=N52-1068%20P