Re: [K12OSN] Wal-Mart's $199 System (Quickly) Reviewed

Ah well, lets over-clock it! j/k

I don't know what it benchmarks out at, but it runs every game/edutainment
product I put on it quite well (under win95 w/ DirectX 8.0a or 8.1 [I
forget at the moment..]) which is all it's going to do for us.  (Until I
get some Linux partitions loaded up on it and/or openMosix cluster it. ;-)

I *can* say that it *appears* to run quite a bit faster then this old K6-3
450Mhz that I am typing on at the moment. ;-)

I'll get some win benchmarks or drop Knoppix in it and see what it can tell
me re: processing power...

Knoppix--man I love that.  Fastest HW detection/setup & it makes a
wonderful rescue disk.  I can't say enough good things about that project!

James Jensen