Re: [K12OSN] Re: [Ltsp-discuss] Query unsovled

On Fri, 27 Dec 2002 10:23:10 +1300, you wrote:

> Henning Petersen Wangerin wrote:
> >Right now I have access to it from my personal workstation, but would
> >like to give some of my users the ability to move the controler to
> >their (ltsp-)ws and work with it, but there is the problem again -
> >haow do I get acces to the serial port on the client?
> >

> Is your personal workstation running Linux ?   If so, simply install the

Yep.

> remote-control-equipment and configure it on the LTSP Server, and your
> job is done.  To run the remote-control-equipment from your workstation,
> simply SSH to the server.  If you would like it to be a single-click,
> then write a little script that does the ssh command for you, and put a
> link to it on your desktop.
>
> The Terminals will run the Application as if it /was/ on their Terminal..

Yeah, but I'd like to be able to move the controler-box to the ws of
the user. There isn't much use for a IR comunication-link to the toy,
if you have to go to another building to get it programmed. If the
kids on the other hand could take the transmitter to thier own ws,
that would be the best solution.

> ... and no other terminals can access it either.

Right, but if a nother kid wanted to play with it, he/she should go
and fetch the transmitter and plug it into his own ws.

> Put everything on the Server, or add another Linux box to ssh to.

Might be a solution to. Thanx for the tip.

--
Venlig hilsen / Best regards
	Henning

 _H_P_C_o_n_s_u_l_t_    http://www.hpc.dk