Re: [K12OSN] booting off cd-roms -- solved!

Aaron Leininger wrote:

Thanks for all the tips. It appears that the CD-ROM drive was not working
properly. I put a different drive in and things went fine. Not sure why it
could read well enough to boot up but not well enough to get the installer
to run...weird....

I have a CDROM drive that fails (during the install) differently again.. 8-))

I halts the install half way, with "file not found" or somesuch. It appears that once the drive has spun down, it accesses, recieves an error, and gives up without retrying.

IMO, this is an issue for the R/H installer (which I know zilch about), since I never have a problem with the same drive in a working system.

/steve